Monday, August 1, 2011

Browsing for Browsers

When I got my Android powered phone I was really excited to be able to browse the internet with an experience that would rival the desk top.  And, for the most part I was pretty happy with the stock browser that came installed on my phone.  But, wait!  I needed to check out the Android Market to see if I could download the Chrome browser for my phone.  I absolutely love using Chrome on my desktop.  Chrome and Android are both made by Google...so it seemed very logical for me that I could have my Chrome browser with me where ever I went.  But, searching the market just brought disappointment.  No Chrome.  I just doesn't make sense to me.  So, I had to move on.

Luckily there are several very good choices for alternate browsers out there.  It's nice to have choice.  So, I have used the stock browser, Opera mini, and the full blown Opera browser.  I had the dolphin browser installed for a short time but it didn't really render the web pages that I view the correct way.  Now it has been a while since I have used it so, I will probably re-download it again soon to try it out.  All of the other browsers seem to work very fast and render web pages really well.  I have been using Opera as my primary browser for a while now and the reason that I have used that one so much is that it does a really good job with the pages that I view most often.  Sites with Flash embedded in them seem to work best in Opera.  It works smoothly and I never seem to have any problems with it crashing.  I also like it's start screen.  When you launch Opera it brings up a screen that has nine tiles on it where you can store your most visited or favorite sites so as soon as you launch you can tap your site and be on your way!

I am curious to find out what your favorite browser is and why.  Leave a comment to let me know and if different than mine I would like to try it out to compare.

Have fun and happy browsing!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment